Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2016

5 Year Post Op

November 28th 2016 will mark five years since my surgery. Where did the time go? Overall my back has been feeling great. I occasionally have back pain, but usually it's due to other activities. Sometimes my lower back hurts where my spine wasn't fused, but it doesn't happen often, so it's nothing of concern. I've have no limits because of my scoliosis. Ive been able to do all the activities I enjoy; including all forms of physical fitness and weight training. This year I'm doing Firefighting as my co-op education placement, and it's an option of a career I'd like to pursue. Scoliosis isn't holding me back! For those who may have fear of scoliosis surgery, remember that the outcome is worth it.
 

1 comment:

  1. Does anyone in the comments have information on Spondylosis? I love reading about back conditions and learning more about what causes them. Another one that I don’t see much written on is lumbar myelopathy, so if anyone knows where to direct me for treatments related to Cervical Fusion or a what is radicular pain, let me know!

    ReplyDelete