Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Back Pains

I haven't experienced much back pain these past couple years since my surgery, but lately I've had a lot of pain. I felt aching and stiff pains. The reason I feel this has come about is because I've been going to the gym. Working out and doing strength training is very benefical, but my problem is I don't take time to stretch as a cool down post - workout. Especially for someone with scoliosis or issues with their back, you MUST stretch after exercise. I went for a massage today since my back was so sore and my muscles were very knotted. I think that it would also be wise just to do stretches regularly just because I could ease some tention and pain. I know pain is a big issue for scoliosis, but working your muscles, stretching and relaxing is all benefical in aiding pain management. Also life a healthy lifestyle, eat the right foods and follow healthy habits. There's even certain foods, herbs and spices that are proven to aid with inflamation, such as tumeric. Do your research and discover ways to aid your pain that doesn't always have to involve taking a pain relieving pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment