Pages

Friday, November 27, 2015

4 year post - op !!


It's been 4 years! Crazy! Time certainly fly's by. Scoliosis hasn't affected my daily life for the past couple years, it's crazy thinking I went through such a journey a few years ago. It was truly a life changing experience, but it's only made me stronger. I never would've thought things would be so ... normal. Pre - surgery I had worked myself up so much, but knowing how far I've come and how strong I stayed during my journey, it shows that anxiety of what's to come isn't always worth it. Yes, of course the first year post surgery had many challenges, but that year ended 3 years ago and I've changed so much and experienced so many different things since then! As regards to how scoliosis is effecting me currently, well, it isn't much. Sometimes I get back pain, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's due to my scoliosis, other factors added to that, as would happen to a person without serious back issues. Health wise, I'm doing OK. There are things I'm dealing with, but it's manageable and I'm working towards living a balanced, mindful and healthy life.

So what's new in my life?
I've been busy with school (grade 11) and work. I'm working at Tim Hortons and Freshii's, which keeps me busy! Ive been trying to live a healthy lifestyle and gain balance and mindfulness in my thoughts and emotions. I'm working hard towards my goals, even though it's not easy with the blocks in the road, I'm determined to accomplish my dreams.
Enjoying the little things in life ...
Tim Hortons life
Surrounding myself with wonderful association



No comments:

Post a Comment