Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

"life is better in flip flops"

It's that time of the year again, summer is almost here! This post is especially written for those who've had a surgery in the past year or will be having a surgery in the future. Since the new post-op patients are suppose to cover up your scars from the sun, this leaves a bit of a challenge. Fashion wise mainly. Being a girl, it's not the easiest thing to find a cute bathing suit that covers up your scars. But with quite a bit of searching I was able to a find a few racer back bathing suit tops. I recommend searching a bit before summer so you aren't scrambling to find a bathing suit you're comfortable in. If I do remember correctly, you have to have your scars covered from the sun for a year ... So yes, that does mean summer time will come a long at some point. But it's really not a big issue, nothing a racer back top can't fix. As regards to swimming, you're golden. Swimming is actually one of the first sports you can do. For me it was 1 month post surgery that I was back in a pool! 4 months after my surgery we even went on a vacation to Mexico! Time flys by and before you know it you'll be back to all toe regular habits and activities. Enjoy the sun!
the countdown is on, summer holidays are almost here!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just wanted to let you know that your posts are absolutely amazing! I was just wondering if you could possibly upload a video to your blog to show your flexibility now. Things like bending and twisting. Because my curve is the same degree as yours was and in about the same spot so I think it would give me a good idea of how much flexibility I will get back. :)

    ReplyDelete