Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Activity Level Post-Op

I've been asked by quite a few people about my activity level since the surgery. I don't have many pictures to post of myself doing physical activity, but I'll do my best to get my points across. It took 1 year post-op for all my restrictions to be lifted. But, about 4-5 months after the surgery I could do all the typical activities I liked doing. I'm not a very sporty person, so I don't play on any team sports, but I enjoy being active on my own time. My favourite activities involve skateboarding, running and swimming. I'm able to do those as well as any other sport. My back doesn't limit me in any way and I'm able to do just as much as anyone else. The only thing I can think of that's a challenge is activities with a lot of back movement or stretching, like yoga or gymnastics. Those activities aren't too challenging, but I'm not as flexible as the others; that is because my back has straight metal rods in them not allowing me to bend my back. Honestly, the surgery won't limit your physical activity in a big way at all. The first year will be a little hard, but time goes by quickly! You'll be back at it in no time.
Enjoying the rope course on the cruise we went on in March 2015. Scoliosis doesn't hold me back!

No comments:

Post a Comment