Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2015

The beauty of Battle Scars

I know that before my surgery I had many questions, about all sorts of things! I was paranoid of what might happen and I wanted answers. I know now that all that worrying wasn't worth it, but at the time, I was scared. If anyone has any questions about scoliosis or my journey, you can email me at - laur.m@hotmail.ca . One topic I thought I'd mention is surgery scars. All who face scoliosis or any other condition, most likely doesn't want to be reminded of what they're going though. So the fact of having a permanent scar may be kind of scary. I know at the time I didn't want to have scars on my back from the surgery. But now, I embrace my scars. They're faded and hardly noticeable anymore. Honestly, I wish they were a bit more obvious to see. Scars are marks that show you're a fighter and have conquered a battle. They're a symbol of your strength and courage. I think my scars are beautiful. My spine is crooked, but it's not noticeable from the outside. My surgery scars are the only thing I have that shows what I've gone through. Sometimes we have to accept and agree with the fact that imperfections can be beautiful.
Here's a picture taken from today of my scars. They're hardly noticeable! 

1 comment:

  1. not so long ago my school nurse was checking for scoliosis and she said I might have it so next time I go to the doctors which I go to the doctors every June I have to have the doctor check my back and to be honest I'm scared now because I didn't know it was a serious condition until I looked it up

    ReplyDelete