Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Throwback to the Little Memories of my Journey

Even though it was a rough journey, looking back, what I remember is the small little memories that make me smile and help me to realize that there's beauty in all matters of life. Here's some of the things I'll never forget:
1. Back in 2008, Grandad wearing his Brace as well as my father wearing his "brace" to support me. 
2. After all my appointments in Halifax, it was our tradition to go to my Favourite Restaurant at the time; Swiss Chalet. 
3. The Road Trips down to Montreal for my Appointments to St. Justine; being able to stay with my family that lives there was really fun. 
4. During my Hospital stay, Dad brought me a Smoothie. It was the most delicious thing I've ever tasted! Guess after eating countless containers of Jello and Frozen Yogurt, a new flavour on the taste buds was incredible. It's now our tradition to get one of those same smoothies every time I go down for my appointments.
5. Coming Home from my surgery and my great aunt had cooked me a meal of Beef Stroganoff. Ate a huge serving of it for Breakfast the next day! Craving food that wasn't in liquid form. 
6. Something that I'll never forget is all the support I received from friends and family. But most importantly, my mother and my grandmother. They've been there for me every step of the way. 

( Picture of mom & I earlier this year. )

From my Scoliosis Journey, as well as other trials in Life, I've come to discover that there's always something beautiful to smile about, better times are always ahead, determination and the right attitude can help you solve anything, and most importantly; I've come to love the life I'm living and appreciate myself for who I am. 



No comments:

Post a Comment