Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hi! I'm sorry I haven't posted any of my updates in months. It's been 9 months since my surgery already!! 10 months on September 28th, and  I am feeling great! My back feels great, it doesn't even feel like I had spine surgery! I have pretty much no restrictions now!! Before my surgery I thought I wouldn't  be able to do much around this time, but now I know that's not true - I can do a lot!  I even joined dance, and I can play most  sports now!  My thoracic curve is now 23 degrees!! It went down a lot since my surgery! (over 30 degrees) And my lumbar curve is 12 degrees. My degrees are the same as when I was checked in February, so it looks like it will stay like that. It had increased since the  initial xray right after my surgery, but Dr. El-Hawary said that was just the curve "settling".  I was kind of surprised that the curve would get  worse, but now I know that it is OK and normal for this to happen. In August, I was at at a
 Risser 3,  so I am almost done growing. I am really happy with my results! I even had a crash on my bike at 7 months post op and thankfully there was no harm done - just scared my mom to death!!   : )
There's only 2 1\2 months until I'm 1 year post-op! Time goes by so fast!
To anyone else that has to go through this - I'm telling you that you will be scared, but the Doctors and nurses will take good care of you, and the results will be worth it!!! Before you know it you too will be "on the other side"....

Here are some pictures from the past months,


The xray on the left is from August 2012, and the one on the right is from February. No change.  :)


Me and my grandma. She tries to come to my check-ups with my mom and me.  xoxo

 My Doctor has been able to use this technique of minimally invasive on a few other kids since my surgery. That makes me happy!! New ways = less trauma to muscles etc., less blood loss, quicker recovery - off meds sooner etc.   Future is bright!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment