Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Seven Weeks Post-Op

Well, tomorrow it will be 7 weeks since my surgery.  Time has gone by pretty fast, but I am getting bored with the restrictions.  I had a check-up at the IWK on January 6/12. The Doctor was pleased with my progress. I had an x-ray and now my curves measure 16*T and 13*L.  He said that was good that the 2 curves were well balanced. Pretty good I think!! I still can't lift anymore than 5 lbs - maybe 10 lbs once in awhile, and can't bend or twist yet. Maybe next visit I'll be able to have some restrictions lifted.  I'm almost 5'5, so I did gain about an inch in height form the surgery. I am able to swim now and jog lightly, so after the appointment at IWK, I went swimming at the hotel pool.  Yay!!!!  I went back to school on January 9th with the  rest of the kids after the holiday. I tried to go all day, but my neck gets too stiff, so now I only go for half days.  Maybe this week I can get up to a whole day.  I was happy that I didn't get too far behind in my schoolwork when I was gone for over  a month. My friends help me carry my book bag and reach my books in my locker. I have a moulded backrest that I use at school as the seats don't really give very good support.
Well, that is what has happened lately...... 
Here are a few pics of my last check-up.


Waiting to see the Doctor


 Doctor Ron looking at my xrays - Jan 6, 2012

SWIMMING!!!!

First day back to school since my operation. (January 9th, 2012)


No comments:

Post a Comment